1.9.13

Lately

I had a very busy final few months in Paris, the days flew by quicker than I would have liked. It definitely felt as if I might blink and miss everything. It has been lovely to re-visit and re-experience all the things that I got up to through writing this blog, it gives me time to think back, process and reflect and I am grateful for that. With that said, what follows are a few highlights of my final few weeks. 

Firstly, AS and I was lucky enough to be invited by JM for dinner at le Cercle, a private club and restaurant in Paris. Needless to say, it didn't take me long to accept the invitation and I was very glad that I did. We were treated to a delicious dinner with the most spectacular dessert spread I have ever seen in my life, and that is a bold claim. The surroundings were very impressive, dinner was delicious and the company was the best. Thanks JM for showing us all a fantastic time, and not for judging me and my love for dessert! 







Secondly, YA and I decided to check out the hype about a bar in Paris called Andy Wahloo and we were certainly not disappointed. To access to the bar you have to cross a tucked away courtyard and enter through the door in the corner in to a hidden room. The bar has a Moroccan/ grunge American style and effortlessly modernises classic arabic decor with Bronx graffiti tags and a thumping electro DJ set. Undoubtably, this is where all the cool kids in town hang out. 




Finally, SP and I had an odd craving recently for Indian food, and despite being in a city and surrounded by world cuisine it is surprisingly hard to find good Indian food in Paris. There was only one place we could go to satisfy such a need, a little place tucked away by the side of the Canal St Martin called Marcel. It feels a little like eating authentic curries in the middle of old-school colonial India with dark wood panelling and rich, flavoursome dishes. Definitely a must-visit if you are in need of a little spice in Paris. 





Mood - Reminiscent
Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for all your messages, I really appreciate each and every one! B x