27.8.13

Madeline

On the way to work on the metro I passed several stations that I have never really stopped at and explored. Madeline is one of these stations, so close to my apartment but somewhere I rarely visit. I remedied this a few weeks ago and spent a few leisurely hours just wandering the area, watching ladies lunching, window shopping and appreciating the sunshine. I wandered into the Madeline church to find a shady spot and to examine the beautifully carved wooden doors.



I was just in time to watch a mass and I decided to stay, appreciating the cool pews on my sun-kissed legs and enjoying the sweet sounds of a children's choir. 




The moment of calm and peace was in direct contrast to the busy street that I had left behind minutes ago. It is just amazing to me that within a city places of such calmness can be found and are often appreciated so much more because of their rarity. 


The pink flowers surrounding the church created the prettiest of surroundings and the perfect little place to while away an afternoon people watching and enjoying the city. 




Mood- Peaceful 

Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for all your messages, I really appreciate each and every one! B x