7.8.13

Disneyland!

Until last week I had never been to disneyland, ever! I was slightly dubious as to what to expect, I do not enjoy roller coasters or the idea of theme parks as they are usually filled with long queues, junk food and bratty kids. I decided to embrace the theme park experience and I headed out with JM for a day of fun and fantasy. We arrived before the park had even opened in order to get prime position for the rides, first stop being the Peter Pan ride, which JM assured me I would love. Much to my surprise I loved everything we did that day, there were hardly any queues, we had beautiful sunshine and ate as much sugar as we could manage. It was bliss. I even surprised myself by facing some of the "big thrill" rides, I know, I am a baby. 


The whole park is magnificent just to wander round and observe, it feels like the fakest and most unrealistic place on earth and yet, one of the happiest. It feels like all your dreams can come true. I know I am in my twenties, but I was very excited to meet Pinoccio and Captain Jack Sparrow! JM did draw the line at queuing up with hundreds of little girls to meet the princesses. 





Inside the castle, where all my dreams came true! 





A few selfies whilst driving!







Casting our wishes in the wishing well!



My personal favourite was the Fairy-Tale ride, which takes you around all the fairy story villages in a little boat, so simple and so charming.

We watched the parade in the evening and I personally loved seeing all of the incredibly large and decorated floats as well as the characters doing their thing. Even better though was watching children's reactions as their favourite characters waved to them, making their little hearts burst. 










Because 2013 marks 20 years of Disneyland Paris there was a special light show in the evening which was A-MAZ-ING! Sadly my camera died at this point so I have no photos but it was quite spectacular to see the castle lit up, fountains spraying high into the sky and fireworks illuminating the night. 


At midnight, Cinderella style, we found out carriage (train, not horse-drawn) and headed back to Paris. I loved Disneyland, I am so glad I have now experienced the magic, I am not sure I will be rushing back though, I think once is enough! 



Mood- Miroir, miroir sur le mur.......


Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for all your messages, I really appreciate each and every one! B x